Why Work For Us?
At Herts Young Homeless, we’ve been providing big opportunities for bighearted people since 1998.
Are you looking for a career where you can truly make a difference to the lives and futures of young people? Somewhere you’ll benefit from all the tools, training, support and resources you need to be successful? We have a range of job and volunteer opportunities for caring people to join our friendly team.
Our team are the beating heart of our charity. Building trusted relationships and using their expert knowledge to drive forward positive outcomes, they are responsible for our life-changing work, being there to break the cycle of youth homelessness in Hertfordshire through education, advice and support for young people and their families.
Jonny Whitehead, Chief Executive
What Can We Offer YOU?
- 25 days annual leave, pro rata, increasing by one day a year after 5 years’ with us to a maximum of 28 days (in addition to bank & public holidays)
- Your birthday off!
- Extensive healthcare plans with Medicash – A cash plan offering cash back on a range of healthcare related treatments including: optical, dental and complementary treatments.
- Unlimited access to a 24/7 health and stress related helpline
- Discounted gym memberships
- Workplace pension scheme - with a 5% contribution from us on qualifying earnings
- Group Life Insurance benefit of 4 times salary through FriendsLife
- Monthly draws to win either “lunch on your manager” or a “leave work early” token
- Flexible working options
- One to one support and mentoring from your line manager every 4-6 weeks
- Ongoing training, relevant to your role
Regular whole charity team meetings where we will share news and celebrate successes together.
Twice a year Org Days where we will build a strong connection amongst our teams, innovate and learn as well as recognising the impact we’ve made on the lives of our service users.
Prioritising the Safety and Well-being of Both the Employees and Young People We Serve
As caring, compassionate employers, your safety and wellbeing is as important as the young people we support. We know that working in the business of supporting young people and families can sometimes be difficult, which is why we will offer you a free healthcare plan, offering you a range of complimentary treatments and mental health support. On top of this, you’ll have regular support from your line manager.
Training and Professional Development Opportunities for All
We continuously strive to improve as an organisation, and we encourage you to do the same. Diversity is integral to our community, so we’re truly passionate about equality and inclusion and want to ensure anyone who works for us can belong,thrive and grow.
After a comprehensive induction to Herts Young Homeless, you’ll be supported with ongoing training relevant to your role.
Make a Real Impact at Herts Young Homeless
If you’re interested in applying, we want you to know that our interview process caters for all. As inclusive employers, we are flexible with interviews and assessments to accommodate various needs.
Every day here feels meaningful. We're all about making a positive impact, and together, we get to be part of something bigger than ourselves. If you’re interested to find out about what sort of impact you’ll be making, read more about who we’ve helped.
Whether you’re just starting your career, or you’re established in the workforce, we can support you in finding your next role. Apply today or