Who is the service for:
Our intensive outreach service is designed to support Care leavers who require intensive one-to-one support in order to improve their housing situation and avoid rough sleeping. Support can be provided to those who are homeless, but also those at risk of losing their accommodation who require more intensive support to improve their situation.
Many of those who we help have experienced trauma at some point in their lives, which can result in many emotional and behavioural issues. These young people often do not have a network of support around them to support them during difficult times in their lives.
What support is provided:
- The service is available for 6 months.
- The workers have a lower number of cases but are able to provide more intensive support and build relationships and trust with that young person.
- The service provides solution focused support, supporting in many areas including:
- General tenancy sustainment
- Independent living skills
- Finding suitable accommodation
- Income / budgeting
- Education and training
- Debt advice
- Co-ordinating plans with relevant partner agencies to ensure that all support needs are met
- The difference between this service and other hyh services, is that the workers have more time to show the young people how to do things, such as budget their money, shopping, accompanying them to appointments etc.
- Referrals to this service can be made through the hyh’s 18+ Advice line and a referral form will required to be completed.