Homeless now



I need to know more about my housing options


I’ve got nowhere to go tonight – What can I do?
If you are under 16 and have nowhere to go then you should contact Children’s Services on 0300 123 4043.

If you are over 16yrs old you should seek advice as soon as possible. Firstly it is important to check that there is no one that you will be able to stay with, even if only for a night or two. If you are unable to stay with any family or friends then we would advise that you contact our Advice & Information team immediately.


I am not safe in my own home – What can I do?
If you or any other person feels in immediate danger then call the police by dialling 999. If you feel that anyone else, in particular any children or vulnerable adults are at risk of harm you should call Children's Service's on 0300 123 4043 or again call 999.

If you are suffering from or under threat of any form of violence or abuse then you need to seek advice as soon as possible. You can either contact our Advice & Information team or your local council.



I am worried that I am going to lose my accommodation
Call our Advice & Information team and one of our trained workers will discuss the problem with you. We can offer advice on the services and options that are available to you. You could also contact Shelter which provides information on its website: www.shelter.org.uk and can be contacted for advice on 0808 800 4444.

Further advice is available from your local Citizens Advice Bureau office. You can find your nearest branch at www.citizensadvice.org

Life Stories


Life Stories