A single point of contact to access Homeless Prevention Services in Hertfordshire. This preventative, solution-focused service will provide:
- An access point for support and advice for 16/17 year olds in housing need
- Free advice line for 18+ year olds with housing issues
- A resource for young people, families and carers, and professionals to access homeless prevention services
- An assessment of needs and guidance on realistic housing options
- Access to signposting and referrals to support agencies
- Referral into the Crashpad hostel bed spaces – depending on availability
The Homeless Hub acts as a ‘front door’ to homeless prevention services in Hertfordshire. The Hub prioritises 16 & 17 year olds and works intensively with them as well as their families/carers in order to prevent homelessness.
The Homeless Hub will assess and prioritise referrals depending on the situation.
Options available for each young person include:-
Early Intervention - Offering practical advice/information about your options and or mediation whilst continuing to live at home
If there is no possibility at the initial stage to remain at home, a referral will be made for a Supported Accommodation Crashpad bed space (subject to availability) as well as intensive support services to continue to work towards a future return home where possible.
The Homeless Hub works and liaises with a range of statutory and voluntary agencies in order to ensure realistic, achievable prevention plans for the young person and their families. Where there are apparent significant needs beyond those of accommodation and support, they work alongside other agencies to ensure these needs are met.